Your browser is set with the following language preference order:
Please contact USJ Library for any questions that aren't answered here.
Library Study Rooms Guidelines
Users and Availability
The Library has five study rooms
available on the first floor at Ilha Verde Campus. These rooms are made
available for study, group work and tutorials. The study rooms are
available for the university staff and students and guest readers from
9.00 a.m. to 0.00 a.m. every day. The maximum capacity for each room is
up to 4 people in room number one and up to 6 people in rooms two to
How to Reserve
Reserve the study room through the online booking system which is available here:
http://libraryportal.usj.edu.mo/mrbs (we recommend you to use Chrome).
To login, one should use the USJ ID (staff or student) and your
password. Contact the library in case of any problems or suggestions (email@example.com
General Principles and Guidelines
- Study rooms are for quiet discussions and study. The Library belongs to us all. Please be considerate of others at all times.
- Be certain that you need to use a study room before you book one.
Remember that the library has a spacious reading room, another large
study room freely available on the first floor (Room 6) and two tables
in the corridor that would respond well to the necessary space and
quietness required for studying.
- In case a group needs to use a study room, the library staff
might ask the user using a room for longer that day to move to the
library reading room instead. Group work has priority over individual
- You can book the rooms for a total of 6 hours every day, and the
maximum advance booking is two days. If the initial booking period has
elapsed and there is no request for the same space, patrons are allowed
to extend their stay after getting the approval from either the
security guard on duty or the library staff.
- Within the library opening hours at Ilha Verde, you should
approach the library staff to get the key. Outside the opening hours,
you should get it from the security guard on duty at the ground floor
of the Residential Hall. We might ask for a valid proof of ID to
confirm your booking.
- If you are accompanied by someone that is not a university
student or staff member, please inform the library staff or the
security guard in advance.
- It is much appreciated that you clear the room on time to ensure
that the next user can take full advantage of his/her booking. You
should leave the room in good order. Please inform library staff or
security if you find anything unusual when you get inside.
- After 30 minutes we will cancel the booking if you don’t
show up. Please inform the library staff by email if you are late.
- All patrons should leave the facilities by 00.00 a.m. The security guard will remind patrons 15 minutes before closing time.
- Please avoid eating inside the rooms. Water is fine, and we recommend that you drink plenty of water while you are studying.
- Personal items should not be left unattended inside the rooms.
The university is not responsible for any loss or damaged items. If you
need to leave the room for periods longer than 15 minutes, you should
inform the library staff or the security guard on duty.
- To ensure safety and a smooth operation of this service, kindly
mind the requests and instruction of the library staff or the security