APA PsycTests®, produced by the American Psychological Association (APA), is a one-of-a-kind database providing descriptive summaries, full text, and relevant citations on the development and assessment of tests and measures that can be used in research and teaching. Coverage dates from 1910 to the present.
The database serves as a repository for the full text (when available) of psychological tests and measures as well as a source of structured information about tests of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work.
Each record includes data on the scope of the test, test implementation, a high-level overview of the test’s development, and reliability and validity data (when available).
Updated monthly, APA PsycTests® includes test profiles and actual tests or test items for:
- Unpublished tests
- Tests developed by psychologists for which no source document has been located
- Information about published tests available from commercial publishers
Content coverage includes a diverse array of subject areas and types of tests, including:
- Developmental Measures
- Scales for Beliefs, Relationships, or Expectancies
- Aggression, Coping, or Functional Status Questionnaires
- Racial and Ethnic Identity Scales
- Resilience, Anger Response, or Substance Abuse Inventories
- Physical Health Related Assessments
- Personality Assessments
- Educational Measures
- Neuropsychological Assessments
- Aptitude and Achievement Measures
- Competency Measures
- Occupational Measures
- Intelligence Tests
- Military Tests