Grammarly is an English writing tool. The premium version is available to all USJ students and staff. This tool helps you develop your English writing skills, reinforce proper revision habits and prevent plagiarism. Kindly follow the instructions below for proper installation and use, should you encounter any difficulty, kindly contact the library for assistance. Go through the following steps to set up your account:
- Go to grammarly.com/edu/signup
- Provide the name, @usj.edu.mo email, and password.
- Check your inbox for the email and click on the activation link.
- Apply the access code uzwubCcUzDhIkOxw
To make sure you get the most out of Grammarly, there are additional features that allow using Grammarly when writing in Microsoft Word, in Internet browsers, in emails, and on the desktop!
MS Office plug-in, http://grammarly.com/office-addin
The MS Office plug-in conveniently adds Grammarly to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook. When creating a document, Grammarly will appear on the right-hand side and provide suggestions, similar to the online editor.
Desktop App: https://www.grammarly.com/native/
The desktop app can be placed on your computer as a shortcut on your desktop to provide a quick and easy way to access Grammarly. Its usage is identical to the online editor.
- Browser extensions - The browser extensions allow Grammarly to check writing entered in text boxes within a web browser, including the Gmail compose box.
Chrome Extension: http://bit.ly/1vMojEh
Safari Extension: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/grammarly-for-safari/id1462114288?mt=12
Firefox Extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/user/grammarly/